Absolutely no food or grains in any storage unit
We are not responsible for mice in the unit
This Agreement is between Highway 18 Storage, (“Owner”) and the “Occupant” identified on the Cover Page with the dimensions set forth on the Cover page. You may instead download a copy of this agreement.
- Unit. Owner rents to Occupant the storage unit identified on the Cover Page by unit number and dimensions.
- Rent. Occupant shall pay monthly rent for the unit in advance on the first of the month and each month corresponding to first of month until this Agreement is terminated by either party. All payments shall be made to Owner at the address shown on the Cover Page. Occupant understands that Owner will not send an invoice to Occupant for rent due. Occupant is required to pay rent on time.
- Term. The Agreement will begin on the date of signature will continue thereafter from month-to-month on the first of the month. The Agreement shall automatically renew each month and shall continue until either party terminates the Agreement in writing as provided below.
- Security Deposit. Occupant shall pay in advance a deposit in an amount stated on the Cover Page of this Agreement to be held by owner to secure Occupant’s performance of this Agreement and for the cleaning and repair of the unit after surrender by Occupant. Owner shall return the deposit to Occupant after Occupant surrenders the unit less all charges to clean and repair the unit, to replace any missing items, and to pay for rent due and unpaid under this Agreement including rent due if Occupant vacates the unit without first giving the required thirty (30) day written notice of termination.
- Late Charge. Occupant is in default if Occupant does not pay rent within ten (10) days of the due date. When in default, Occupant will be denied access to the unit and must pay Owner a $20 late charge together with all past due rent to regain access. Occupant will pay an additional late charge of $20 after thirty (30) days of continuous default. Occupant will pay another additional late charge of $20 after sixty (60) days of continuous default (see paragraph #15, “Default and Owner’s Lien”).
- Rent if Occupant Vacates the Unit. If Occupant vacates the unit prior to the end of the first full month, Owner will retain the unused portion of the rent already paid.
- Use Restrictions. Occupant will not use the unit for any unlawful purpose. Occupant will pay rent as it becomes due. Occupant will keep the unit in good condition and will not store explosives, highly flammable materials or goods or other dangerous or noxious substances in the unit. Occupant will not store food, seed, feed, or any material attractive to rodents in the unit. Occupant shall not do or permit to be done any act which creates or may create a nuisance in connection with Occupant’s occupancy of the unit. Occupant will keep the unit free from rubbish, obstacles, nuisances, trash, and discarded materials. Occupant shall not do or permit to be done any act which interferes with Owner’s use or enjoyment of Owner’s property or the use and enjoyment of any other unit by another occupant. Occupant shall not use the unit for residential purposes. Occupant shall not operate or conduct a business from or out of the unit. Occupant accepts the unit as being in good condition and repair. Occupant will immediately notify Owner of any defect in the unit. Occupant will make no alterations to the unit and will keep it in good condition and repair. Occupant shall not drill any holes in the walls or floors.
- Security of Unit. Occupant agrees to be solely responsible for providing such locks, as Occupant desires, to secure access to the unit.
- Inspection. Owner has the right to enter the unit without notice to Occupant to inspect, repair, and maintain, and if deemed necessary by Owner, to move Occupant’s contents to another unit or suitable storage facility.
- Assignment. Occupant shall not sublet or assign this Agreement without the prior written consent of Owner.
- Termination. Owner or Occupant may terminate this Agreement by giving the other thirty (30) days written notice to vacate the unit. Occupant shall remove all contents and leave the unit in good “broom clean” condition. Occupant shall pay for damages to the unit. Occupant shall pay Owner promptly for damage caused by negligence or fault of Occupant or Occupant’s agents, employees, family, or guests. Owner may terminate this Agreement at Owner’s option if Occupant breaches any provision of this Agreement.
- Insurance. Occupant stores Occupant’s property in the unit at the sole risk of Occupant. The property stored in the unit is not insured by Owner against loss or damage. Occupant must procure any insurance desired by Occupant at Occupant’s own expense.
- No Liability of Owner. Owner is not liable for personal injury or property damage or loss from theft, vandalism, fire, water, rain, explosion, pests, elements of the weather or earthquake, or any other cause of damage whatsoever. As further consideration for occupancy of the unit, Occupant agrees that Owner, Owner’s agents, employees, and assigns shall not be liable to Occupant, Occupant’s agents, assigns, guests, licensees, or invitees for any loss or damage, injury, or death cause to them or to their property as a result of the occupancy of the unit.
- Binding Effect. This Agreement binds the parties and their heirs, successors, and assigns.
- Validity. If any part of this Agreement is invalid, the remaining portion of the Agreement is still valid.
- Default and Owner’s Lien. Owner has a possessory lien on personal property stored in the unit. In case of Occupant’s default, Owner may deny Occupant access to the unit, enter the unit for purpose of taking inventory, and sell the personal property to satisfy the lien. Sale proceeds in excess of the amount necessary to satisfy the lien shall be retained by Owner or become the property of the Missouri as provided by Missouri law.
- Notices.Any notice under this Agreement shall be in writing and considered given if (a) personally delivered, or (b) sent by first class mail, certified or registered, return receipt requested, postage prepaid to a party at the address stated on the Cover Page or to such other address as the party may hereafter designate by written notice. Refusal to accept or “receipt” for mail shall constitute notice.